Reports To: District Chair
The Secretary will support the Chair of the Executive Committee to ensure the smooth functioning and sound administration of the Portsmouth District Scouts in accordance with the Policy, Organisation and Rules of The Scout Association.
The responsibilities of the Secretary include
- Provide administrative support to the running of the Executive Committee.
- Act as Secretary for the relevant Scout Council.
- Work with the Chair of the Executive Committee to set meeting agendas and arrange meeting logistics for the Executive Committee.
- Taking accurate and accessible minutes of Executive Committee meetings.
- Distributing agendas, minutes and supporting documents for Executive Committee meetings.
- Maintaining accurate records for the administration of the Group, District or County/Area/Region; including meeting minutes, census details, ownership of property and equipment, insurance and financial information.
- Ensuring the safety and security of records maintained by the Executive Committee, complying with appropriate legal requirements.
- Communicating with the Executive Committee and relevant Scout Council.
- Support the completion of the Annual Census return.
- Preparing the appropriate administration for the Annual General Meeting, including collating the Annual Report and Accounts for the Annual General Meeting.
- Be a full and active participant in Executive Committee meetings and activities.
- Uphold the responsibilities of an Executive Committee as outlined in The Scout Association’s Policy, Organisation and Rules.
- Willingness and eligibility to act as a Charity Trustee for the District.
- Contribute to the strategic aims and future development of the District.
Role Description: View
Closing Date: 31/12/2022
Show Interest Now